We’re headed into our third week here at A-Z West!! Here are some photos of a lil bit of what we’ve been up to. High Desert Test Sites just posted the information for our big Nov 3 event on their site —- SEE YOU IN THE DESERT 11.3.12.
1&4. We’ve been juicing a lot. Lisa & Allan did a juice fast for a few days this week which included a daily morning swim. Thanks to the inspiring Kartz Ucci for donating a juicer to the studio!
2. Joshua Trees are highly photogenic.
3. Allan & Lisa headed to the National Park with Matt and a herd of BIGHORN SHEEP came super close to us. We had a stare-off with them while they stood perfectly silhouetted against the afternoon sun.
5. Wagonstations are perfect outposts for journaling & brainstorming.
6. We’ve come across a lot of perfectly preserved recently expired arthropod specimens. Dan Anderson found this giant hairy desert scorpion dead in a sink at A-Z West. The praying mantis was found on the patio of the studio. If specimens are left along long enough, Aphaenogaster scavengers show up and shuffle off with every last bit of the corpse.
7. Boulders make great stages. This one was out at one of High Desert Test Sites’ parcels, Gamma Gulch.